Mar 24, 2008

The Indie Game Database or should I say the cryptically named TIGdb?

TIGdb The Indie Game databaseTIGSource just announced it and after clicking around I (heroically, if I may say so myself) discovered it to be true. Hooray! TIGdb has gone live and can now be accessed by following this very link. Or by being old fashioned and typing http://db.tigsource.com somewhere appropriate, I guess. Oh, and in case you failed to understand what the point is, well, TIGdb does sort of stand for The Indie Game Database.
Related @ Gnome's Lair: DeathSpank!, Aquaria, the B-Game competition, Prototype 2 free shmup

15 comments:

  1. Indeed. And Gun Mute is one of the first featured games too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice but being the obsessive type that has to browse through all the games in the database, I find the lack of a previous page, next page feature very disappointing :(

    A RSS feed to show the recent additions would be good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice looking site - I hope that they take roys' comments to heart. There are some usability features that I find lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair criticisms dear friends, but I forgot to mention this is a very early version of the site. Presumably most of the issues will be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it features Gun Mute :D

    Now that I think of it, haven't played it since you helped me beat that saloon part :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tsk, tsk... Off you go and play the rest of it then...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, agree that it's still a early version so features may be lacking :( Anyway, I bookmarked the recent games page in the meantime while they (hopefully) get a RSS feed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the hell does the acronym TIGdb stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought it was obvious...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why does the featured game have such a low rating?

    Once you view the games though the titles definitely get better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a random game shown really, but as you've already noticed dear ross there are many gems to be found over the TIGdb. Dwarf Fortress is obviously also included.

    ReplyDelete