May 18, 2011

Synchronization: Adventures in Powerpoint

Well, dear devoted reader, it seems I'll have to leave you alone for a few days. A conference, you see, makes for an excellent excuse to visit the beautiful metropolis of Istanbul. Then again, being the soft hearted fantasy creature that I am, I just couldn't help cease packing for a moment and suggest you take a look at the brand new, interesting, visually unique and quite a bit sci-fi demo of Synchronization. It is, you see, the freshly released demo of a point-and-click choose-your-own-adventure type thing, that has impressively been crafted with the help of Powerpoint! Hope you enjoy it; see you on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I am slightly jealous.
    You might want to make time it see the Hagia Sophia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia) which was constructed back when the city was called Constantinople and is considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I absolutely will dear Jonathon. Had visited the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque back when I was 12 or 13 I believe. Magnificent buildings both of them. Mind you, I wont be spending much of my time in the conference. I'll just present my paper and then be a tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should also visit the underground cistern (as seen in 'From Russia with Love') which was built by Justinian (not Constantine as the aforementioned film wrongly claims), the emperor who also built the Hagia Sophia. It looks splendidly eerie and there are some medusa heads at the foot of the occasional pillar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right Matty (and thanks for the tip). The Cistern was indeed amazing and truly unique, sporting a huge variety of columns and those two truly weird medusae. 't was a truly impressive city all around, mind.

    ReplyDelete